Pkgdb Problem -- /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb:35:in

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Feb 28 11:59:56 PST 2004

On Saturday 28 February 2004 11:53 am, Bob Perry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run FreeBSD 4.9 and just ran my weekly CVSup followed by portsdb
> -uU and portupgrade -arR.  I came across the following message which
> looks similar to one previously posted today.  I'm relatively new at
> this and just question
> whether or not the previous response is the same for my situation
> (e.g., delete
> portupgrade and ruby* and then rebuild portupgrade).  BTW, what
> happens to the
> ruby files that are removed?

Ruby has been updated to version 1.8. Delete portupgrade and ruby*,
which will delete all of the ruby-1.6 stuff. This will also delete 1.8.
You can manually delete all of the ruby-1.6 or relax and let the
portsytem rebuild it. At an rate, after you have deleted portupgrade
and the ruby-1.6 ports, you can rebuild portupgrade, which will link to
ruby-1.8.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart