Using Automount to mount Windows Shares

Graeme Smith graeme at r5k.net
Sat Feb 28 03:32:11 PST 2004

On Saturday 28 Feb 2004 10:40 am, albi wrote:
> i've got autofs + samba working on Linux (from Linux to Linux
> actually), haven't tried on FreeBSD (yet)
>
> documentation on the internet was not very much at all, but still
> managed to make it work :)
>
> i can make a small howto (later) for you if you like

I managed to get autofs successfully working on a Linux server to a
windows machine.  Now that server is running FreeBSD and I attempted
to get automount to do the same as I had with autofs.  I figured I
should be able to use 'command' with mount_smbfs but neither
Automount or mount_smbfs seems happy with that arrangement.  I can
manually mount the Windows shares no problem.

Thanks for your offer of help though.