procmail

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Fri Feb 27 14:21:50 PST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 03:55 pm, Henning, Brian wrote:
> I tried removing everything in my recipes file, but that didn't work.
> Any more thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> brian

A couple of items:

1. In recipe examples that I've seen, there is a space between the zero and
second colon in ":0 :".  I don't know if this matters.

2. To test the recipes, make a copy of the mailbox and run formail. (formail
is installed with procmail.)

cd ~
cp /var/mail/henninb ./henninb2
formail -ds procmail < ./henninb2

If the recipes work, then the problem may be that procmail isn't being
executed successfully.

Good luck,

Andrew Gould