Search Path in bash2

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Feb 27 09:41:58 PST 2004

	I am trying to modify the execution path on a FreeBSD system
for all the bash2 users on that system.  The man page says that

>	      default path is system-dependent, and is set by the
>	      administrator who installs bash.	A common value is
>	      ``/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:.''.

	How do I set, or in this case, reset it?  There are a number
of profiles and configuration files that look like they might work
such as login.conf, but I see no change in the $PATH I get and I
didn't run across anything in the port of bash that seemed to set a
path.

	The path I do get is perfectly good, but I also want users to
get a shot at /usr/local/etc which isn't in the default path.

	Thanks a lot.  I almost think I am loosing my magic touch.  I
can't find the global PATH setter for bash2 anywhere.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group