Customizing a 'make release'...

Peter Losher plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57 at plosh.net
Thu Feb 26 21:43:41 PST 2004

(If this question is better served on another list, let me know)

I am trying to come up with a custom FreeBSD ISO w/ my personal
preferences (no integrated OpenSSH, Heimdal, or Sendmail)  I have been
working off of
http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/FreeBSD-release-2.html, and

/usr/bin/time sh -c 'make release CHROOTDIR=/hog0/release NODOC=YES
NOPORTS=YES BUILDNAME=5.2-REL-FOO CVSROOT=/hog1/FreeBSD-CVS
RELEASETAG=RELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE' | & tee /tmp/release.log

Now my understanding is that 'make release' honors the variables set
in /etc/make.conf, where I have:

-=-
NO_OPENSSH=true
NO_KERBEROS=true
NO_SENDMAIL=true
-=-

After creating the binaries and the ISO image, installing the OS on a new
box results in a sendmail-less install, but it still has all the OpenSSH
and Heimdal bits included.  Do I needed to declare NO_OPENSSH and
NO_KERBEROS on the 'make release' command line?

Also, is there any way to change the default bits the install process -
like the default auto-partition (I prefer to leave the /var partition
with the remaining space instead of /usr as it is now), and have it
automatically install certain packages instead of asking.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can pass along...

Best Wishes - Peter
--
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ] - "Earth Halted: Please reboot to continue"