5.2.1 booting problem - hardware, software?

Grzegorz Burzyński burzax at o2.pl
Thu Feb 26 01:12:52 PST 2004

Witam

     I got problem with installing 5.2.1 RC2 after i've changed my
     MBO. Earlier I've used MSI kt4v on VIA chipset and there was no
     problem. Now I got ABIT NF7-SL on nForce2 chipset and I'm
     wondering what's goin' on? When I try to install fbsd,
     installation stops every time at this same point. The last thing
     in the output is:

   #  Timocounters tick every 10.000 msec //or something like this

     in the next step, there should be /root/mfs... mounted, but
     install stops. I've tried to change my RAM, hd, cdrom with no
     result.
     I found in the output some lines like this:

     pci0: <memory, RAM> at device 0.1 on pci 0 (driver not attached)
     pci0: <memory, RAM> at device 0.2 on pci 0 (driver not attached)
     pci0: <memory, RAM> at device 0.3 on pci 0 (driver not attached)
     the same with some other devices.

     Anyone got idea what could be wrong?
--
Pozdrowienia,