Addition of user

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Thu Feb 26 01:13:03 PST 2004

doug wrote:

>You can also set the shell to passwd.

That's a good point, based on a closer reading of the OP than my own.
The difference being that it requires the addition of a user for each
mail account whereas something like vpopmail does not. I've googled but
can't see anything about this so for my information, I generally use
/nonexistent as the shell in situations like this, and add /nonexistent
to /etc/shells. Is there a difference between using /passwd and
something like /nonexistent?

PWR.