Mouse Question/ Kernel Question

Andrew Boothman andrew at mux.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 15:26:07 PST 2004

David Anderson wrote:

> I have printed out the HOW-TO on Setting up a USB mouse in FreeBSD 4.x. (www.defcon1.org is the source)  What I am trying to do is set up a USB Wheel Mouse (actually it is a wireless mouse/keyboard ) with FreeBSD 5.2.   FreeBSD recognizes the keyboard just fine (the wireless hub for the keyboard & mouse attaches to a usb port).  Is there anything that I need to do differently.

Does your mouse show in the system's boot messages? You can view these
messages with the dmesg command. Lines concerning a USB mouse should
show as lines beginning with umse. Also, what does the usbdevs command show?

> Also how do a customize the kernel ( I need to add the Atheros driver for my wireless PCI ethernet card).  Thank you for your time and assistance.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html

The FreeBSD Handbook is your bible for learning the system :)

Good Luck

Andrew