4.9 stable release installation probs on x86

Saint Aardvark the Carpeted aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Wed Feb 25 08:18:07 PST 2004

AdamWilson at Boiseoffice.com disturbed my sleep to write:
> I went into the BIOS and looked for the options you said
> to turn off but I couldn't find them.  Are they in the
> device config section for discs?

It depends on the BIOS, but yes, they're usually in the config section
for disks.  It's worth digging around, though, because there's nothing
that says these options have to be on one particular page.  Look for
DMA, Ultra-DMA or PIO, and try different settings to see if one works.

Don't forget to CC: your response back to freebsd-questions, so that
other folks on the list can see what's going on (and possibly correct my
mistakes :-).

Hugh
--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted