can't boot linux after installing FBSD 5.2

Konrad Heuer kheuer2 at gwdg.de
Wed Feb 25 00:16:49 PST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, John wrote:

> i have a mandrax linux 9.2 installed on a IBM ThinkPad
> 24x, but now I can't boot it after I install FBSD 5.2.
>
> I can still see the FBSD boot manager displaying F1 F2
> for the two linux partitions, but they can't be
> booted.

Probably you wrote lilo boot manager code into the master boot record
before you installed FreeBSD. You have to boot Linux from floppy or CD now
once; then you have to install lilo into the Linux root partition. After
that, you should be able to boot your Linux system by the FreeBSD boot
manager.

Regards

Konrad Heuer (kheuer2 at gwdg.de)  ____            ___  _______
Germany