file selector and shell scripts

Saint Aardvark the Carpeted aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Tue Feb 24 20:34:02 PST 2004

Vulpes Velox disturbed my sleep to write:
> I am currently working on putting together a shell script to allow me
> to save files with certian extensions under firefox and then run a few
> commands on them... the problem I am running into is there I can't
> seem to find any thing to take care of the file selector part...

I think find(1) might be what you're after.  It has a zillion options,
but a good example would be:

	find /usr/local/lib -name \*.so -exec rm {} \;

which finds all the .so files in /usr/local/lib and removes them.

Note:  Do NOT remove all your .so files. :-)

Hugh

--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted
aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com