mount questions

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Tue Feb 24 11:56:54 PST 2004

> I need mount a fat32 partition in two diferent places.
> when i try to do it the second time the system says device busy..
> What can i do?

Why would you need to mount it in two different places (I presume
you mean at the same time)?

If you want to use it as a different file path string, then
mount it one way and create a symlink to it with the other
name.

Or, if they don't need to both be mounted at the same time, you need to
umount it from one mount in order to mount it the other way.  It doesn't
like two separate mounts of the same device at the same time.

////jerry