ImageMagick portupgrade error

Aaron Sloan security at adtu.org
Tue Feb 24 11:15:54 PST 2004

On 18 Feb 2004 20:25:31 -0500
Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Aaron Sloan <security at adtu.org> writes:
>
> > Magick.xs:3557: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:3600: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs: In function `XS_Image__Magick_ImageToBlob':
> > Magick.xs:4163: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs: In function `XS_Image__Magick_QueryFont':
> > Magick.xs:7194: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7198: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7202: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7210: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7214: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7218: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7222: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7226: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs: In function `XS_Image__Magick_QueryFormat':
> > Magick.xs:7633: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > Magick.xs:7637: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newSVpv' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> > gmake[3]: *** [Magick.o] Error 1
> > gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-5.5.7/PerlMagick'
> > gmake[2]: *** [install-exec-perl] Error 2
> > gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-5.5.7'
> > gmake[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-5.5.7'
> > gmake: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick.
>
> You didn't mention what FreeBSD version you were using, or where you got
> your ports from, or whether you had any pkgtools.conf or make.conf
> settings that would affect the build, so all I can say is that it built
> for me this afternoon with a ports tree I'd updated just before...

Hi Lowell,

I have to work on being a bit more verbose. The day after I posted the problem the maintainer patched it and installed fine after that. I am running 4.9 and I haven't explored the make.conf yet, not active.
You can view my OS, version, and mail client in my mail header as well. I guess I must use that more than others. Of course the question doesn't have to apply to puter I'm using.  Thank you for taking the time to answer me though, appreciate it.
Aaorn