fm801 + FreeBSD 5.2, even the hack doesn't do the trick anymore

Whyking justdis at gmx.net
Mon Feb 23 17:04:51 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm using a Terratec 512i with a fm801 chipset. It's long known
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/45182) that there is a bug in the fm801.c file since version 1.3.2.7.
The driver simply doesn't attach to the soundcard. Until now I was able to use the 1.3.2.6 version of the driver, but structure changes since 5.2 doesn't allow that anymore.
I have no clue why the kernel-developers don't fix that thing and have a reported bug in their kernel source for over one year. Now that there's not even a work-around it would be really great if this thing could be fixed one day!

Kind regards,
Whyking

P.S.: I'm not subscribed, so please cc answers to me.