FTP Problems with FreeBSD 5.2.1 RC 2 install

Barry Hawkins ly5t5 at allthingscomputed.com
Mon Feb 23 08:42:07 PST 2004

List,
	Would anyone have insight on problems accessing FTP installation
sources for 5.2.1 RC2?  I was installing just fine using
ftp5.us.freebsd.org (mit.edu, I believe, one of the sources closer to
me), and began to have the installation return to the menu for
selecting my FTP source.  Invariably the install would no longer return
to the FTP menu and would ask me if I would like to retry the currently
failing package.  Replying "Yes" would produce no activity and replying
"No" would skip that package and try the next one, exhibiting the same
behavior.
	I restarted the install from scratch four times last night, and tried
many mirrors from the main list and the USA list of FTP mirrors.  My
ISP had no network issues posted last night, and I could traceroute via
my PowerBook on OS X with no issues.  Does anyone know what my issue
(besides ignorance) might be?  Also, is there a way to gracefully get
out of error issue with FTP without starting over with my install?

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed