cvsup not working

service at fixer.com service at fixer.com
Mon Feb 23 05:25:35 PST 2004

FreeBSD fixer.com 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 22 14:47:02 GMT 2004 root@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/VILLATV i386

I am having a problem with cvsup version 16. I used it about a month ao with no problem. I have now tried it several times with no success. I even reinstalled the entire operating system twice.

I activate my modum and type cvsup supfile. The box appears and I click the go tab. It goes wild for about 30 to 40 seconds downloading 40 to 50 files.  This is okay.  After that, it just dies. This is the problem. I don't understand why it dies.

I have an external modem and after it dies, sometimes the transfer lights on the modum blink and sometimes theres no light at all. After it dies, it will go until it times out (15 to 20 minutes). I have FreeBSD 5.1. I installed the cvsup package off the 1st cdrom. I created 'cvsup' in the /usr/local/etc directory. I put my supfile under cvsup. I have csh, so I typed 'setenv CVS ROOT=/usr/local/etc/cvsup', which seems to work. The supfile I use is

*default host=cvsup5.freebsd.org

*default prefix=/usr

*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup

*default tag-.

*default release=cvs

*default delete use-rel-suffix compress

ports-all

I don't remember my first supfile, I thinks it like the above. Also I learned that if something in the supfile isn't perfect, it won't work. Please analyze and let me know whats wrong. Thanks in advance.

greg

service at fixer.com