Kernel Compilation issues/5.2-CURRENT/AMD64

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.freebsd at lixfeld.ca
Sun Feb 22 21:53:22 PST 2004

On Feb 23, 2004, at 12:38 AM, Peter Wemm wrote:

> On Sunday 22 February 2004 08:29 pm, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
>> make buildkernel keeps failing here:
>>
>> ===> accf_data
>> cc -O -fPIC   -D_KERNEL -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I-   -include
>
> Stop right here!  You've removed the 'makeoptions NO_MODULES=notyet'
> from your config file.  Put it right back in there immediately.

*gulp* when I built my custom kernel, I looked in
/usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES and /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/NOTES and found
nothing pertaining to the use of this makeoption.  I checked google,
forums, lists, etc and found nothing specific on the use of this so I
removed it.

Perhaps add a comment saying that you will have weird stuff happen if
this is not here will help deter people from overzealously removing it,
as I did.

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot and see what happens.