Wrong Geometry Disk Problem (Seagate ST3200822A - 200 GB)

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Sun Feb 22 16:37:06 PST 2004

Yes, I too have encountered the geometry bug a number of times on
different machines, and for awhile it put me off to using FreeBSD. Then
I discovered that if you just hit "g" during the partitioning process,
it finds the correct geometry and you can continue with the
installation. At least, this has worked for me.

Nevertheless, I hope the bug will be fixed eventually. It certainly
scares away potential FBSD users.

regards,
Robert