framebuffer fro freebsd

Rahul Sawarkar torahuls at vsnl.com
Sun Feb 22 04:29:35 PST 2004

Have you tried switching to 1024x768 mode using vidcontrol. I tried and did not suceed on
my last hardware which was a mvp4 chipset with an 8mb blade3d graphics. Right now I have a
radeon 7500 on a 440bx chipset. I'd assumed it wouldn't work, this time  around also (ref:
the url below), but maybe I should give it a try.
So anyways I figured, maybe a framebufer driver would enable switching....

Thanks for any tips on this front.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-June/009789.html