freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 48, Issue 21

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 07:08:22 PST 2004

Daniela,
The ugen device means that there wasn't a kernel driver to handle the device.
I don't believe you can use the ugen device as a formatted device (like cuaa,
tty, etc).

What is the exact model of your modem? Most of the Alcatel SpeedTouch models I
looked at claimed to have a UTP network port on them. I'm on a cable modem
myself, but could you switch out the modem for one that does have a network
port?

Regards,
Seth Henry

On Friday, February 20, 2004 20:29, freebsd-questions-request at freebsd.org