SpamAssassin (Perl 5.6.1, Sparc64)

Louis Kowolowski louisk at cryptomonkeys.com
Fri Feb 20 19:42:44 PST 2004

I'm having a bit of an oddity with SpamAssassin (2.63) running on
sparc64.

I'm getting the following error (Perl 5.6.1_15):

[louisk at e250 Fri Feb 20 7:11pm louisk ]$ sudo
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/spamd.sh start
Starting spamd.
Can't coerce CODE to number in entersub at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 1259.
[louisk at e250 Fri Feb 20 7:12pm louisk ]$

The system is an E250,
FreeBSD e250.cryptomonkeys.com 5.1-RELEASE-p13 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p13 #8: Sat Feb 14 17:23:48 PST 2004 root at e250.cryptomonkeys.com:/usr/obj/us r/src/sys/E250 sparc64

I've tried rebuilding both Perl and SpamAssassin, with no change in
spamd.  I've also tried copying the spamd from a functioning system
(i386), and it produces the same error.

Google doesn't seem to turn up anything helpful.

Thanks.

Louis Kowolowski                                louisk at cryptomonkeys.com
Cryptomonkeys:                      http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/~louisk

"You don't need perfect code to avoid security problems. There are
 things we're doing that are making code closer to perfect, in terms
 of tools and security audits and things like that. But there are two
 other techniques: one is called firewalling and the other is called
 keeping the software up to date. None of these problems (viruses and
 worms) happened to people who did either one of those things. If you
 had your firewall set up the right way -- and when I say firewall I
 include scanning e-mail and scanning file transfer -- you wouldn't
 have had a problem."  --Bill Gates