X freezes problem

Aaron Sloan security at adtu.org
Fri Feb 20 12:30:20 PST 2004

Hello.

Got a little problem figuring out what is causing my puter to lock up hard.  Running 4.9 with the latest cvs and ports upgraded except a broken openoffice portupgrade..  I will be working in KDE 3.2 with gxine running and sylpheed-claws. The screen saver kicks in and runs fine for awhile, then the puter locks up hard and I have to reset. I cannot ctrl-alt-backspace or ctrl-esc or even ctrl-alt-delete to bring it back around. What log files should I be looking in to find a possible cause to this? It has just started doing this after the gettext port problem which I seemed to have fixed with help off this list.
Running an ATI Radeon card in case that helps...?

Thanks,
Aaron