Sendmail rule questions

Mark Frank mark at mark-and-erika.com
Fri Feb 20 11:18:47 PST 2004

* On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 07:20:13PM +0000 Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 01:11:55PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> > Benjamin Meade wrote:
> > >Just wondering if sendmail (not procmail) can reject messages from a
> > >specific user that are above a certain size?
> >
> > You can control the max message size on a sitewide basis via:
> >
> > define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `21000000')dnl
> >
> > ...but I don't believe you can do so on a per-user basis, no.
>
> The only way I could think of for doing this would be to create a
> second set of mailer definitions with the 'M=' (Maximum message size)
> setting altered appropriately, and custom parsing rules to force the
> messages sent from a particular address to be delivered via those
> mailers.  Needless to say, that's going to be a pig of a job to set up
> and configure correctly.  You would be better off setting up some sort
> of Milter or indeed forcing all of the messages to be processed
> through procmail(8).

Also in the milter vein, if you're conversant with Perl you could try
MIMEDefang (it's in ports.)  You could probably find a workable example
for what you want to do from the MIMEDefang mailing list archives.

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/

--
Mark Frank
Director of Technical Services - eDoxs Corp.