mail client question...

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Thu Feb 19 11:05:40 PST 2004

On 18/02/04 13:13 -0500, Xpression wrote:
>         Hi list, anyone are using exim as a MUA ??? I can't configure it to
> send mails, or anyone know a very easy configurable mail client for FreeBSD
> ??? Thanks in advance...

Exim is an MTA.

My setup looks like this:
MUA (The mail client): Mutt
MTA (SMTP Server): Postfix
POP3 Client: postfix
MDA (Local delivery agent): procmail with spamassassin.

The whole setup wasn't all that easy to get working how I wanted it
to, but now that it's all set up, it's nice. I was using mozilla mail
and before that evolution, but now that I have mutt, I won't go back.

Mutt is really great for dealing with large volumes of mail. My sapm
get filtered via spamass and procmail separates my other mail into
separate boxes for me. I used to spend 2 hours a day on mail, now with
Mutt, it's only 1/2 hour per day.

Jason