Alcatel Speedtouch 330 using PPPOE, how can I do it on FreeBSD 4.9?

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Thu Feb 19 08:28:30 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:01:29PM -0000, Godinho, Carla wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyone who has run with success the Modem Alcatel Speedtouch
> 330 (USB) using the PPPOE, for FreeBSD 4.9?
> Where can I find Alcatel Speedtouch 330 drivers or (ports) for FreeBSD
> 4.9 using the PPPOE?
> I'm trying to connect this kind of Modem in my system FreeBSD 4.9, but
> the only drivers I've found were for pppoa2 and pppoa3, and my ADSL
> Provider uses the pppoe.

I think the answer to your question is to look at Chapter 18 of the
Handbook. Your local copy can be found in /usr/share/doc/. A summary
of that chapter indicates that all you need to do is set up a ppp.conf
and the necessary netgraph modules will be loaded.

You can find some relevant examples in:

/usr/share/examples

--
Someone dial 911. My bling-bling was stolen and smuggled into Syria.