problem starting X with normal user

John clrsky00 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 04:04:46 PST 2004

Hi

I install fbsd 5.2 on a imb thinkpad 240x.

I have a siliconmoion LynxEM+, and when I start X, I
got my system hang.

then i do a make install clean under
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4

I got some errors because some ports can't install,
but i overcome it by installing them as packages.

thn when i start X again, I got

Could not create server lock file: /tmp/.X0-lock

if i remove /tmp/.X0-lock, it will complain

cannot move old log file ("/var/log/XFree86.0.log" to
"/var/log/XFree86.0.log.old")

and i think XFree ver 4 don;t work with SiliconMotion