Help with Vinum disk crash...

Danny Carroll danny at dannysplace.net
Thu Feb 19 00:53:11 PST 2004

Tony et al,..

Thanks for the information...  I really need the space now so I am going to wipe
it and start from scratch, although I am not sure if I will use vinum again.

I guess my main concern is that when one of my disks crashed, the ufs filesystem
got corrupted and I really did not expect that to happen.

It could be ignorance on my part, I dont know but perhaps someone can help me
understand how this could have happened?

Another thing, Greg, you mentioned that I should have a second plex if I wanted
to protect the data.  You mean like a mirror?  Surely 1 is enough when we are
talking raid-5?

Thanks for your help...