Installing stuff somewhere else

Maarten mdv at unsavoury.net
Tue Feb 17 14:53:23 PST 2004

Hi,

what if I have a compilehost on which I build FreeBSD(5) images, and I want to build certain ports, but would like them installed in $imagedir/usr/local/whatever instead of /usr/local/whatever?
I'm aware of pkg_add's "-p" option, but that still happily keeps its administration under /var/db/pkg for instance, when I would like it under $imagedir/car/db/pkg.

Also, what is the smartest way to have 'make installworld' install under something other than / ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Maarten
http://unsavoury.net/