Apache ssl certificates?

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Tue Feb 17 13:03:49 PST 2004

Hello list,

I've been using apache 1.3.x with mod_ssl with the snakeoil certs that
are installed originally.  Now, I'm trying to create a CA cert and then
a certificate signed by that CA.  That part is fine.  Where I'm having
difficulties is in the configuration.  I've got the two following lines
in my httpd.conf file:

SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache/ca-dir/seccomp-srv.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache/ca-dir/seccomp-key.key

When I go the the server via https:<servername> I get a dialog asking
for me to accept a certificate, but it's still the snakeoil cert!  What
am I doing wrong?

TIA

Eric F Crist
President