3,000+ DNS /./ANY/ANY requests - ...resent...

fbsdq fbsdq at kuyarov.org
Sat Feb 14 20:08:54 PST 2004

Sorry about the earlier question, that was more or less just blank....

Hello,
  About a week ago I started noticing 3,000 or more requests coming from
several ips for the following DNS queries:
     XX+/128.255.203.200/./ANY/ANY
     XX+/193.201.105.4/./ANY/ANY

  Those are just two examples, but each IP - I have about 20 of them now
create 3,000 or more queries within several minutes.  All the queries are
exactly the same for ./ANY/ANY.....any idea what those queries are? or what
they are trying to do?
  Also how can I create an 'ipfw' rule to block an ip if XX amount of
connections come in within XX amount of minutes/seconds??  Right now I
manually block them, and yes those IP's try a day or so later to DNS bomb
(?) my machine.

Thanks

 ---Peter---