reboot record information

Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Sat Feb 14 06:07:34 PST 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:39:28 -0500
"JJB" <Barbish3 at adelphia.net> probably wrote:

> When an FBSD system crooks, and It reboots it's self, very seldom
> does any of issued problem messages have time to be posted
> completely before the rug is pulled out from under the log write
> process by the reboot occurring. All you can find out from the logs
> is yes indeed it did reboot. You are SOL, just like the rest of us
> when this happens to us.

Probably a loose chance, but `last' could come up with something...
Anyway it still just reads the logs...

If you're afraid this may happen again, and you're on a network, you
might want to use the remote logging feature of syslog. Then, all
messages will make it to the destination, right up to the reboot.

HTH,

--
DoubleF
Truth is the most valuable thing we have -- so let us economize it.