SSH problem partially solved!! Still need help.

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Fri Feb 13 19:49:45 PST 2004

	Ok, I finally figured out why my configs weren't loading for
ssh.  Apparently when you startup SSHD it loads some weird default
sshd_config file that I can't seem to find.  However, if I specify "sshd -f
/etc/ssh/sshd_config" it will load my config file and my ssh works the way
it should.  Now I can obviously edit my /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sshd.sh file to
do this on startup, but it's baffling the living heck out of me as to why
sshd doesn't load the default /etc/ssh/sshd_config file when you load it
from the command prompt by typing "/usr/sbin/sshd".

	Anyone got any idea what setting in the system dictates to sshd what the
default config file is?  I'm guessing that there's gotta be something I'm
missing somewhere as to why sshd isn't loading the default config file like
it should short of specifying it by hand.