5.x stable cvsup

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Fri Feb 13 17:46:46 PST 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 03:18 pm, Spades wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a question, my dedicated server provider has installed
> 5.1-Release and refuses to install 4.7 for me. Can I recompile to
> 5.1-STABLE using the same method as 4.7 and same 4.x-stable-supfile
> and kernel config file.

The accepted technique is in /usr/src/UPDATING just like it is in 4.x.
There are a few things different but the buildworld,
build[install]kernel, installworld method is used on both branches.

I think 4.7 has been EOLed, i.e., no bug fixes or security fixes. I
wouldn't want one on my local network.

> OR do i need to use a 5,x-stable method? any idea any url
> i can find help in compiling 5.1-REL to STABLE.

There isn't a 5.x-stable. You probably won't see that until 5.3-stable.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA