reboot record information

John DeStefano deesto at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 07:16:38 PST 2004

I was interested to find from a system mail this morning that my system had been rebooted three days ago.  As far as I was aware, the last reboot was about two months ago.
The following lines in /var/log/messages give me a clue that the reboot happened after "Feb 10 02:51:52":

Feb 10 02:51:52 zurg inetd[608]: netbios-ns/udp: bind: Address already
in use
[note: the "netbios-ns/udp" line is a system message that I get every 10 minutes... haven't been able to figure that one out either]
Feb 10 03:02:37 zurg syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel
Feb 10 03:02:37 zurg kernel: Copyright (c) 1992-2003 The FreeBSD
Project....

But there's no sign of what happened to cause the reboot, or how it was done.  Is there another log file that would store this information?  I am mostly concerned because I'm fairly certain this reboot was not performed at the console: it was either a system reaction to a problem, or somebody poking around where they shouldn't be...
Thanks,
~John