hostname and dhcp

Evan Dower evantd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:55:50 PST 2004

I guess I just won't worry about it then. It only prevents me from using
send-pr (and in fact, I think I still wouldn't be able to use it because I'm
pretty sure my smtp server requires me to log in), and every once in a while
I have to change it in order for sshd, freenet6, and httpd to start. That
part is very odd, actually. I had hostname="lojak.washington.edu" but
recently things decided they didn't like that, so I changed it to
hostname="lojak" and then it worked, but when I rebooted a few days later, I
had to change it back. Then again, my system seems to have a number of
unusual and inexplicable quirks.
Thanks for all your help, (now if I could only get cdparanoia working
again...)
--
Evan Dower
Undergraduate, Computer Science