samba copy issue

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Wed Feb 11 09:43:43 PST 2004

At 12:29 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

>When I try to copy the files 'cp -R /usr/ports/* /tmp' I get errors:
>
>cp: /mnt/lang/ocaml/files/patch-camlp4-ocaml_src-lib::Makefile: No such
>file or directory

Brian,

If that's the real name of the file then it is an invalid file name on
windows because of the ':' characters. If that's the issue I think you
might need to pre-copy the directories and rename all those files.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
This Month's New Quiz --- Past Superbowl Winners