Wireless network support

Bob Collins bobc at anything-inc.com
Tue Feb 10 06:04:19 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb  9, 2004, Per Hallstrm clacked the keyboard to produce:
> Hi!
>
> I need a wireless network card which will work with FreeBSD, and
> according to the handbook there are some supported chipsets. However, I
> am unable to find a network card with any of those chipsets (I am
> having a hard time just finding manufacturers that tells me what
> chipsets they are using in the cards).
>
> So, to people successfully using a wireless network card with FreeBSD:
> what card should I buy? Full model name etc is appreciated, of course.
> 11 Mbit cards are totally out of the question, by the way.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Since I don't want to expose my email (getting enough crap already),
> please reply to the list.

man wi will list quite a few cards with model numbers.

--
Bob

"Play is the work of children. It's very serious stuff. And if it's
properly structured in a developmental program, children can blossom."
-Bob Keeshan aka `Captain Kangaroo'