QMail?

Gary gv-list-freebsdquestions at mygirlfriday.info
Sun Feb 8 20:24:26 PST 2004

Hi Brian,

--On Sunday, February 08, 2004 11:11:58 PM -0500 Brian McCann
<bjm1287 at rit.edu> wrote:

> Hi all.  I'm trying to setup Qmail on one of my systems.  Being a former
> user of Sendmail, I decided to try to find a HOWTO or something to get
> me started.  So, I found this one...

> http://stevenfettig.com/mythoughts/archives/000090.php.  It looked to be
> fairly through, so I tried it.  From what I can tell, I configured
> everything correctly, but something is wrong.  I can see the processes
> running, and netstat shows that something is listening on port 25, but
> when I try to telnet to that port, I get disconnected immediately.  Can
> someone offer a clue as to what is going on?  I'd be willing to talk to
> someone off list if someone is willing as well.

Did you stop the sendmail process? It could be taking over SMTP on 25 and
qmail cannot run...

What is the output of svstat /service/*  and
svstat /service/*/log

You will need to do this as root.

Please respond to list only, thanks... I'll get it from there.

--
Gary