3Com USRobotics 5699B 56k fax modem install

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 17:05:33 PST 2004

If you can, take your 5699B back and get a 5610B. It's a great
non-winmodem made by USR, and it gave me many successful and
uninterrupted dial-up hours.

As an aside, someone should make a database of working modems, like
with working printers. Someone might have done so already, /me shrugs.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).