xmove over SSH.

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Sun Feb 8 08:13:11 PST 2004

Hi,

At Kris Kennaway's suggestion I have been trying out xmove, which allows
me to suspend an X app, move it between X displays, etc.

  I've got this working great on one machine (actually a jail), where my
sshd_config has:

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost no

  I start xmove and it prints:

Implementing MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 user authentication
XMove 2.0 ready.

  However.  On another machine (not a jail), which the same sshd_config,
except with X11UseLocalhost yes, I only get this message:

XMove 2.0 ready.

i.e. it doesn't seem to read my MIT magic cookie.

  I checked this by changing the X11UseLocalhost to no on the
problematic machine and xmove then reads the cookie.  However, with this
setting I am unable to get any display forwarded, even something simple
like xclock without any xmove.

  Any suggestions how I might fix this one?

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-