Can't start rshd

Daniela dgw at liwest.at
Sun Feb 8 07:36:56 PST 2004

Hi!
I'm having problems starting rshd. I tried it on two different computers (yes,
I know about the security risks, but the port is firewalled off).
I can't use alternatives because some software I'm using depends on it.

The error is: It terminates with status 1 and sets errno to 38 (ENOTSOCK)
= Socket operation on non-socket. It fails on the following function call:
getpeername(0, (struct sockaddr *)&from, &fromlen)

I'm no expert, but it looks like this can't work. Is this a bug, or is my
installation faulty? BTW, I'm starting rshd with no arguments.

Regards,
Daniela