Daemon Monitor

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Sun Feb 8 06:13:18 PST 2004

Is there a good program that can monitor a daemon and take an
appropriate action if the daemon dies?  I am having trouble with ClamAV
dying in certain circumstances, but somewhat rare.  I would like for
when it dies, to either restart it or copy a mail config file for exim
over the default and signal Exim which would then disable exim from
using clamav so the mail will still come through.  Currently we have it
disabled until the problem is fixed, but some users are still not
heeding the warnings and are infecting themselves with the MyDoom virus
which ClamAV was previously blocking.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C