Share/Freeware to see FBSD from Win_XPproSP1?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 01:22:50 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 08:10:13PM -0500, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> Is there a program ("go-between") that I can use to read my FreeBSD slices
> from Winbloze XP Pro SP1?  I need to clean up some old OSs, make space...!

Not within the same machine.  You can obviously run Samba on a FreeBSD
box to export the filesystems to a WinXP machine, but there's not
support in WinXP for being able to read a BSD filesystem.  There are
products that will let you read the Linux ext2/ext3 filesystems from
Windows: eg http://www.mount-everything.com/ -- but nothing for
FreeBSD filesystems.

	Cheers,

	Matthew