Sound

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Sat Feb 7 09:46:40 PST 2004

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:17:50 +0100
"Nicolas Gafgo " <gaf at spray.se> wrote:

> Hello.
> I am a newbie to both Unix  and FreeBSD but I want to learn.

That's good.

> I have
> "The Complete FreeBSD"

In Grog's book, AFAIK there are some instructions about how to write
email messages. If they aren't anymore, please see this link on his
site: www.lemis.com/questions.html and make use of them. Your email
easily fits in the "like this - DON'T" section.

> and I have been reading the handbook.

Not enough, it seems.

> I have
> installed 5.2 and I use KDE. Right now I am trying to get sound out of
> the system.

read kldload(8) and try kldload snd_pcm snd_driver

> I have sound integrated on my Motherboard ASUS P4S800-MX.
> I tried to put options PNPBIOS
> in my custom kernel but got a error on that line when I tried to
> install it. Now I really dont know what to do.

Us neither; how could we guess what goes wrong, if you don't give us the
error output ?

> I also need to know
> what Tag I should use  in my supfile??  RELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE

Depends on what you what; probably RELENG_5_2 for the system and . for
ports and doc.

> Sorry to ask two so different questions.

So don't.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user