X11 forwarding (with ``screen'' option)?

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Sat Feb 7 04:14:46 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm experimenting with X11 forwarding and I have it working so I can ssh
to my server and fire up an application just great.  This is forwarded
to my laptop and works fine.

  However, I want to run something that is mostly going on in the
background (non-interactive) but my Internet link is never perfect.

  Is there any such thing as screen for X applications?  Would vnc work
for just one application, or would it create unnecessary overhead?  Any
other suggestions?

  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-