newbie:/usr/ports/distfiles

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Fri Feb 6 14:28:18 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 05:21:22PM -0500, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> I'm up to about 700Mb of files in /usr/ports/distfiles. Other than insurance
> in case of a re-install, is there a good reason to keep them around?

No, you can safely delete anything in /usr/ports/distfiles or remove and
recreate the directory.  It just means that if you decide to reinstall a
port for some reason, the source tarball will be downloaded again to
/usr/ports/distfiles - as you know anyway by the sounds of it.

:P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer