I have got a problem with keyboard (SPARC64)

Ilya Varlashkin ilya at samara.net
Thu Feb 5 01:07:35 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:56:10AM +0300, Антон Елисеев wrote:
> Hello.
> I have got a problem with keybord of BLADE 100 (SPARC).
> I fail to choose the type of installation such as standart, express or
> custom in the  setupprogramm.
> My model of keyboard - TYPE6 USB Sun MICROSYSTEMS.
> I try install FeeBSD 5.2.
> Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not familiar with your particular model, but freebsd-sparc64 does have
problem with terminal during installation. You have to either use serial
port as console, or use Ctrl-P/Ctrl-N to move cursor up/down and you have
to count how many times to press it (so you need to know content of the
installation menu). Once you done, just copy terminal definition from
Solaris, if you need to use console again.

/Ilya aka iL