"Cannot find file system superblock" error - how to recover?

Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Tue Feb 3 21:25:42 PST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:05:26 -0800 (PST)
"Scott I. Remick" <scott at sremick.net> probably wrote:

> Hello, gentlemen. For those of you still interested in this little
> adventure, I now have the 80GB drive mounted on the 2nd IDE controller in
> its own dedicated FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system.
>
> ad0: 19092MB <WDC WD200BB-75AUA1> [38792/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100
> ad2: 76345MB <MAXTOR 6L080J4> [155114/16/63] at ata1-master UDMA33
>
> I'm ready to proceed if you're still willing, if not I understand! :)

Oh, there are survivors:)

Sorry, you were recovering an 80G disk, and now you say the 80G has 4.9
on it. Did you erase anything? Is this a remote machine?

> (If anyone else new to this problem and would like to help, you can use
> google or the archives, or I can catch you up if you'd like)
>
> Many thanks already to all who have helped so far.

You can boot 4.9, right? Examine the output of disklabel ...s1 and
...s1c to make heart feel better.

--
DoubleF
We have only two things to worry about:  That things will never get