vmware3 port on FreeBSD-5.2

vladimir at math.uic.edu vladimir at math.uic.edu
Tue Feb 3 20:46:07 PST 2004

I have a dual-boot machine (FreeBSD-5.2 on the second primary
partition and WindowsXP on the first).  I am trying to make
vmware virtual machine boot from the physical Windows partition
instead of the virtual filesystem.  Did anyone have any success
with such setup?  I've tried to repeat the steps in Hints.FreeBSD
file that is distributed with the port, and vmware gets as far
as starting and asking to choose the partition to boot, but
when I hit F1 (to select Windows), vmware just sits there and
does nothing.

Many thanks,
	Vladimir