nss_ldap

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Tue Feb 3 17:38:23 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 17:10 -0500, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> I've installed the above on FreeBSD 5.1 and it's more or less working; however when i do ls -l I don't see user names,
> but uid numbers.
> Any fix?

5.1 does not have dynamically linked libraries for ls and other sysutils
in order to do this. Upgrade to 5.2 and this feature is supported.

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
9:36am up 10:46, 2 users, load averages: 4.34, 4.62, 4.88